If you think you might be pregnant we want to help.
First step? A pregnancy test. If the test is positive you will talk with one of our Nurses who will determine if you qualify for a limited ultrasound to determine the viability of your pregnancy.
All pregnancy testing and ultrasounds are performed by our Registered Nursing Staff. They work under the supervision of our Medical Director, a licensed OB/GYN and are trained in limited obstetrical ultrasound.
We can offer you a judgment-free zone with complete confidentiality, where you can get all the facts on pregnancy, abortion, adoption and parenting in order to make the best decision for your unique situation.
Information is power... KNOW YOUR OPTIONS... call us today
Schedule An Appointment »
OUR PRIVACY RESPONSIBILITIES UNDER HIPAA
NEOHPC (Northeastern Oklahoma Hope Pregnancy Center) is required by law to maintain the privacy of your protected health information. This information consists of all records related to your health, including demographic information, either created by NEOHPC or received by NEOHPC from other healthcare providers.
We are required to provide you with a notice of our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to your protected health information. These legal duties and privacy practices are described in this notice. NEOHPC will abide by the terms of this notice, or the notice currently in effect at the time of the use or disclosure of your protected health information.
NEOHPC may use and disclose your protected health information, without your written consent or authorization, for certain treatment, payment and healthcare operations. There are certain restrictions on uses and disclosures of treatment records, which include registration and all other records concerning individuals who are receiving, or who at any time may have received services for mental illness, developmental disabilities, alcoholism, or drug dependence.
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
If you have any questions about this notice, please contact the NEOHPC Privacy Officer at 918-825-8258
This notice Describes Our Practice and Those Of:
- Any health care professional allowed to enter information into your chart
- Any volunteer we allow to help you while you are here
- All of these people follow the terms of this notice. They may also share protected health information with each other for treatment, payment or health care operations as described in this notice.
Our Pledge Regarding Health Information:
NEOHPC uses health information about you for treatment, for administrative purpose, and to evaluate the quality of care that you receive. Your health information is contained in a medical record that is the physical property of NEOHPC.
- We understand that health information about you and your health is personal
- We are committed to protecting health information about you
- This notice will tell you about the ways in which we may use and disclose health information about you
- We also describe your rights and certain obligations we have regarding the use and disclosure of health information
NEOHPC Is Required By Law To:
- Make sure that medical information that identifies you is kept private
- Give you this notice of our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to medical information about you
- Accommodate reasonable requests you may make to communicate health information by alternative means or at alternative locations
- Follow the terms of the notice that is currently in effect
HOW NEOHPC May Use Or Disclose Your Health Information:
- For Treatment: NEOHPC may use your health information to provide you with medical treatment services. For example providing, coordinating, or managing healthcare and related services by one or more healthcare providers; consultations between healthcare providers concerning a patient and referrals to other providers for treatment
- For Healthcare Operations: NEOHPC may use and disclose health information about you for operational purposes. For example, your health information may be disclosed to members of the medical staff or volunteers:
- Evaluate the performance of our staff volunteers
- Assess the quality of care and outcomes in your case and similar cases
- Learn how to improve our facilities and services
- Determine how to continually improve the quality and effectiveness of the health care we provide
- Appointments: NEOHPC may use your information to contact you to provide appointment reminders
- Others Involved In Your Case: NEOHPC may release relevant health information to a family member, friend, or anyone else you designate in order for that person to be involved in your care
- Fundraising: NEOHPC may use your information for fundraising
- Required By Law: NEOHPC may use and disclose information about you as required by law. For example, NEOHPC may disclose information for the following purposes:
- For judicial and administrative proceedings or pursuant to a court order
- To assist law enforcement officials in their duties
- To prevent or control disease, injury or disability
- To report reactions to medications or problems with products
- To notify a person who may have been exposed to a disease or may be at risk for contracting or spreading a disease or condition
- To notify the appropriate authorities if we believe a patient has been the victim of abuse, neglect or domestic violence. We will only make this disclosure if you agree or when required or authorized by law.
- Public Health: Your health information may be used or disclosed for public health activities such as assisting public health authorities or other legal authorities to prevent or control disease, injury, or disability or for other public health activities.
- Health Oversight Activities: NEOHPC may disclose your health information to a health oversight agency for activities authorized by law. Examples of these activities include audits, investigations, and inspections to monitor the health care system and compliance with laws or regulations.
- Health and Safety: Your health information may be disclosed to avert a serious threat to the health or safety of you or any other person pursuant to applicable law.
- Workers’ Compensation: Your health information may be used or disclosed in order to comply with laws and regulations related to Workers’ Compensation.
- Other Uses: Other uses and disclosures will be made only with your written authorization. You may revoke an authorization except to the extent NEOHPC has taken action in reliance on it.
Your Health Information Rights: You have the right to:
- Obtain a paper copy of this notice of information practices upon request.
- Inspect and obtain a copy of your health information that is maintained by NEOHPC.
- Request an amendment to your health information under certain circumstances.
- Request a confidential communication of your health information by alternative means or at alternative locations. Please be advised that this request for alternative means or locations of communication applies only to this provider or location.
- Receive an accounting of disclosures made of your health information.
- Request a restriction on certain uses and disclosures of your information; however, NEOHPC is not required to agree to a requested restriction.
Changes to This Notice:
NEOHPC reserves the right to change the terms of this notice and make the new terms effective for all protected health information kept by NEOHPC.
Complaints: If you believe your privacy rights have been violated, you may file a complaint with NEOHPC Privacy Officer at 918-825-8258 or with the US Department of Health and Human Services at 1-800-368-1019.